If you are a bilingual reader and have two (2) Amazon accounts, i.e. Amazon.cn (China) & Amazon.com (US), traditionally with Amazon Kindle eReader, you have to register & deregister your Amazon Accounts to begin download eBooks from either Amazon.cn (China) or Amazon.com (US) cloud storage at any one time but never at the same time. The reason being, all new Amazon Kindle eReaders since 2016 would only eBooks download from one (1) Amazon Account only. When you deregister your Amazon Account from your Kindle eReader, all previously downloaded eBooks in your device will be removed entirely.
Now, with BOOX Android eReader, you can register two (2) Amazon accounts at the same time. You can achieve by feat by installing two (2) Amazon Kindle app into your BOOX Android eReader, namely Amazon Kindle app (downloadable from local Google Play Store) and Amazon Kindle Lite app (downloadable from 3rd Party Site here) as follows: For your info, Amazon Kindle Lite app is a lightweight app built specially for a great reading experience even on slow networks and with patchy connectivity launched in India since Nov 2017.
Step 1. Install Amazon Kindle App from Google Play
- To achieve this feat, you must register your Amazon.cn (China) Account into your Amazon Kindle app first.
NOTE: In order to register Amazon.cn (China) Account into your BOOX Android eReader, you must change your device language setting to Simplified Chinese.
- Only then, from *Home*, go to *Apps*, and then select *Play Store*. Search and select for *Amazon Kindle* to install Amazon Kindle app into your BOOX eReader (As per screen below)
Step 2: Install Amazon Kindle Lite App
- Now, you may register your Amazon.com (US) Account into Amazon Kindle Lite app on BOOX Android eReader.
- To download Amazon Kindle Lite app, From *Home*, go to *Apps*, and then select *Browser* app. Type in bit.ly/kindlelite into URL address field to start download.
- To install Amazon Kindle Lite App, from *Home*, go to *Storage*, and then tab on *Storage* Folder. Look for *Download* Folder and then select *amazon-kindle-lite-1-6.apk* to install.
3. To register your Amazon.com (US) Account into Amazon Kindle Lite app, you will be prompted with the following screen, tab on *Use a different account for this app*.
4. Lastly, you can change your language setting back to your desired language.
To have fresh start with this guide, you may follow simple steps below to uninstall both Amazon Kindle app and Amazon Kindle Lite app from your BOOX eReader.
From *Home*, go to *Apps* and then, press and hold on App icon for sub-menu to appear ( as shown in below).
Tab on “Delete” to uninstall the app.
Kindle/BOOX Malaysia Fans Gathering
If you still have any doubts, you are welcome to enjoy company of BOOX Fans/avid readers as well as enjoy *Free Starbucks Signature Breakfast* at *Kindle/BOOX Malaysia Fans Gathering on * every 1st Sat of the month from *9am – 12pm* at *Starbucks Reserve, Level 2, The Gardens*, Mid Valley. More info at https://www.fb.com/KindleMalaysia/events/ Drive there using Waze: https://goo.gl/u3CPhj